New to Hockey?


NEW players just starting hockey or registering in Minor Hockey for the first time will require a Respect in Sport Certificate and a Hockey Canada ID.

If you have a player who is NEW to playing hockey, but have older children who have been playing minor hockey already, you can log into your Respect in Sport account online and add your new player to your account to receive a Hockey Canada ID for them. 

If you have Respect in Sport from another sport you are able to transfer it to hockey through Respect in Sport Transfer

Respect in Sport Parent Certificate (RIS) 

  • A parent/guardian must complete the RIS Parent Certificate online before their player(s) can receive a Hockey Canada ID (HCR #).
  • The certificate is valid for 4 years with a May 1st expiry date.
  • Takes approximately 30 minutes to complete online.
  • Cost is approx $13

Hockey Canada ID (HCR #)

  • Hockey Canada issues an ID number for each player who as registered to a Minor Hockey Association regulated by Hockey Alberta & Hockey Canada.
  • This number is unique to each player and will remain the same for all future registrations for Minor Hockey in Canada.
  • You can find this number in your Respect in Sport profile once you have finished the parent course

For more great information about starting out in hockey, read this guide "HOCKEY 101"

Upcoming Events

May. 22, 2024 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

BMHA Annual General Meeting
Blackfalds Community Centre

read more »

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information